Psychology Background & Experience
Dr. Stuart’s own background and personal experience allows her to form a trusting rapport with individuals from diverse fields and professional positions. She has achieved significant recognition in her previous pursuits in academic, engineering, corporate, and athletic arenas. Dr. Stuart has had advanced training working with couples and with gifted individuals, and has clinical experience working with adults, families, couples, children and adolescents.
PSYCHOLOGY EDUCATION & TRAINING
- Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, California Graduate Institute (2006)
- Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples, Advanced Trainings
- Counseling for Gifted Children & Adults, SENG Workshop
- Gifted Parent Support Group Facilitator Training, SENG Training
- Positive Parenting Training, Professional Workshop
- Advanced Extension Program, Institute for Contemporary Psychoanalysis
Additional Education & Experience
- Ph.D. in Aerospace Engineering, M.I.T. (1987); Specialized in spacecraft guidance, navigation & control
- Hertz Foundation Fellowship; Hertz Foundation Doctoral Thesis Prize; Draper Fellowship; Amelia Earhart Fellowships; M.I.T. Graduate Fellowship
- First place, AIAA National Graduate Technical Paper Competition; First place, IAF International Student Technical Paper Competition
- M.I.T. Prize in Flight Vehicle Engineering
- Senior management position as Division Engineering Project Manager at TRW (now Northrop Grumman); Received five promotions in three years; TRW Woman of Achievement & leadership awards
- Seven-Time World Champion in Freestyle Skydiving, Screen Actors Guild stunt performer, featured talent in numerous media appearances
Professional Society Memberships & Affiliations
Here are a few of the professional organizations I belong to:
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- California Psychological Association (CPA)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- Los Angeles County Psychological Association (LACPA)
- Los Angeles Center for Emotionally Focused Therapy (LACEFT)
- International Center for Excellence in EFT (ICEEFT)
- California Association for the Gifted (CAG)
- Supporting the Emotional Needs of the Gifted (SENG)
Professional Speaking Appearances
Here are a few of the regional, state and national events where I’ve had the honor of being invited as a speaker:
- Invited Presenter, 32nd Annual SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) National Conference, Denver, CO, July 2015
- Invited Presenter, 31st Annual SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) National Conference, San Jose, CA, July 2014
- Keynote Presenter, Profoundly Gifted Retreat, July 2010, Colorado Springs, CO.
- Keynote Presenter, Davidson Institute for Talent Development Young Scholar Summit, June 2010, Reno, NV.
- Keynote Presenter, Carollton-Farmers Branch Gifted & Talented Association Symposium, June 2010, Dallas, TX.
- Featured Presenter, 36th Annual Los Angeles Countywide Conference on Gifted/Talented Education, January 2010, Los Angeles, CA.
- Invited Forum Leader, Davidson Institute for Talent Development, Young Scholars Program, December 2009.
- Keynote Speaker and Featured Presenter, 26th Annual SENG National Conference, Orlando, Florida, July 2009.
- Invited Forum Leader, Davidson Institute for Talent Development, Young Scholars Program, March 2009.
- Invited Presenter, 47th Annual CAG (California Association for the Gifted) Conference, Anaheim, CA, February 2009.
- Featured Presenter, 35th Annual Los Angeles Countywide Conference on Gifted/Talented Education, January 2009, Los Angeles, CA.
- Invited Presenter, 25th Annual SENG (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) National Conference, Salt Lake City, Utah, July 2008.
- Invited Workshop Presenter, Los Angeles Society for Clinical Psychologists, November 2007 and April 2008, Los Angeles, CA.
- Invited Presenter, 46th Annual CAG (California Association for the Gifted) Conference, Anaheim, CA, February 2008.
- Invited Presenter, 34th Annual Los Angeles Countywide Conference on Gifted/Talented Education, December 2007, Los Angeles, CA.
- Invited Workshop Presenter, M.I.T. Club of Southern California, October 2007, Huntington Beach, CA.
- Invited Presenter, Professional Advocates for Gifted Education (PAGE) Conference, January 2007, Los Angeles, CA.
- Frequent presenter at school district GATE (Gifted and Talented Education) Parent Group meetings.